Santa Cruz Personal Injury Attorney
Dana Scruggs is recognized, by associates and opposing attorneys, as well as by the judges who know him best, both for his effective representation and for his high ethical standards. He is nationally recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as Preeminent among his attorney peers. He is repeatedly recognized as a California “Super Lawyer”./p>
He vigorously represents people who have suffered catastrophic personal injuries, the wrongful death of family members. He has extensive experience in cases involving automobile crashes, product liability, nursing home abuse of the elderly and dependent adults, and is a noted and well respected child sexual abuse attorney.
Mr. Scruggs has a strong record of success. He has favorably tried and settled hundreds of cases against strong and worthy adversaries. His reputation is one of integrity, preparation, commitment, and dedication to his clients. In this way, the rights of his clients are vindicated, and the cause for which both client and attorney fight is furthered that much more.
Mr. Scruggs has been practicing law in Santa Cruz County since 1980. 100% of his practice is devoted to litigation of personal injury cases.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 1980
- Honors: Winner, National Moot Court Competition
- Georgia State University, B.A., 1977
Classes / Seminars Taught
- Handling Liens in Personal Injury Litigation, Santa Clara / Santa Cruz County Trial Lawyers Association, October, 1991 & October, 1998
- Evidence Exposed, Santa Cruz County Trial Lawyers Association, April, 1992
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Santa Cruz County Trial Lawyers Association, December, 1993
- Sex Abuse: Torts of the ’90s, Santa Clara County / Santa Cruz County Trial Lawyers Association, October, 1994
Professional Associations, Memberships, and Honors
- California “Super Lawyer” 2012-2016
- Santa Cruz County Bar Association 2005 “Rollie Hall Award,” Outstanding Public Service Award
- Santa Cruz County Superior Courts, 1988 – 2002, Arbitrator and Judge Pro Tem
- American Arbitration Association, Mediator
- Santa Cruz Trial Lawyers Association, 1991, President
- Santa Cruz Trial Lawyers Association, 1989 – Present, Board of Directors
- California Association of Consumer Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of California
- Santa Cruz County Legal Aid Society, 1987 – 1993, Board of Directors
- Survivors Healing Center, 1998 – 2004, Board of Directors
- Sexual Abuse Legislative Task Force, Steering Committee
- National Victim’s Center
- American Coalition for Abuse Awareness
- National Center for Redress of Incest and Sexual Abuse
Get a Free Case Review
Please call our Santa Cruz personal injury law firm at (831) 457-1700 or submit the form below for a free case review if you have been injured due to the negligence of another.
There is no charge until we win your case.